I have three remarks after playing some campaign missions.
- On Talon/Talok Prime (snowy map with eradicators) the voice message is played in infinite loop
- In the mission Espionage and Kidnapping where one has to command a treachery attack of a commandant, one of the two commandants appear in the wrong place, nearby the starting point, making this mission very easy
- Sometimes the sounds of Machines dissappear or sounds of Machines fighting far away is to be heard during 1st person mode
- Homeworld - the game was minimized and the console was shown stating that a model could not be extracted from .x file(something like that)?
- Final Assault - the game suddenly shut down with no error messages etc.
- The Controller - crazy things happened with Judas Warlords.
*The treachery attack haven't worked for some time from time to time.
*Sometimes Judas Warlords changed colors from friendly fire?
Other than these small issues everything's perfect for now. Congrats :)
@martin yeah I disconnected my external display and it worked. Maximum playable resolution for me was 1600x900 60Hz on my Full HD 144Hz display.
The models I enlarged, and are available somewhere on the forums, are also compatible with an exception that
smoke directories should not be overwritten.
I had to disable the 3D sound as it messed with my head. I heard some shots on the right but the shooter was on the left and so on.
Battles gave me an impression that better performance influenced the gameplay a little. E.g. on Midian the mighty wasps were overwhelmed by the not-so-efficient north forces alone.
I have to try out some campaign missions and compare the impressions as well.
Anyway, thanks a lot!
Wow, didn't expect such a big thing :) Great job there Martin!
The game loads straight from the files, there is the in-game music, new Acclaim logo (for what reason? ;).
I only have problems with setting the resolution. I've tried with Options menu and config.xml as well but without any effects. It shows the right resolution in Options but besides that nothing changed. Could you investigate that? What information do you need that would be of any value in resolving my issue?
Once again, great job.
@TMG-HK I don't get how you beat The Controller. Can you explain how is it possible that you could see through the fog of war?
@antrad really appreciate it
@Refragger ehm so all you need is to see the intro? Are you able to play the game itself? So you have two options:
- Watch it online, e.g. .
- Play C:\Program Files (x86)\Acclaim Entertainment\Machines\flics\animatic.smk offline using sophistcated software like VLC Media Player.
- It's hard to find someone with time for setting and playing Machines these days. Recently I've played a match with @BeVeRenT-. Try and ask him directly.
- There are quite a lot of mods in the Modding section http://wiredforwar.org/category/4/modding. There are mods with enhanced graphics http://wiredforwar.org/topic/110/texture4/10, increasing max unit size http://wiredforwar.org/topic/17/mods-machines-loader or some custom scenarios available on the forums http://forums.wiredforwar.org/index.php?board=4.0.
The AI intelligence is impossible to change, but you can try changing the settings in parmdata to make the AI build better, produce more units, change attack squads, improve machines speed/damage/accuracy etc. See here http://wiredforwar.org/topic/3/getting-started-with-modding-machines/2.
Good luck and have fun!
Yeah, very creative of you to find such alternative ways to win the missions. I really enjoyed watching it. Great work!
I don't really get it. I cannot launch any Pods, because the Vessels are not in orbit of any planet. But if I write any orbit command, then it responds with Vessel X is already orbiting that planet. Did I miss something?